Monday, May 13, 2013

Hamilton Beach 54615 Wavestation Express Dispensing Blender with 48-Ounce Jar, Black

Hamilton Beach 54615 Wavestation Express Dispensing Blender with 48-Ounce Jar, Black



Hamilton Beach 54615 Wavestation Express Dispensing Blender with 48-Ounce Jar, Black
I'm amazed this blender has no reviews!
I purchased this blender about a year ago from Wal-Mart. I've had a number of blenders over the past 30+ years but always ended up giving them away because I seldom if ever used them -- too much bother -- and have this thing about getting rid of unused stuff but finding yet another excuse why I "need" to buy another blender. I got it strictly for smoothies. My sister convinced me they were good for me, but I wasn't about to pay $3-4 a pop for one smoothie. I was going to do all the research but when I saw this I liked how it looked and really liked the price, around $18 at the time. I thought the spout thingee was neat, but I was really blown away by the 500 watts. How bad can it be with 500 watts? I'm not a technical person but after comparing the wattage of this one with the others on display, I knew I had nothing to lose. If it blew out after recouping the price of 4-5 smoothies, to me it would be a fair tradeoff.

It's plastic, very lightweight and easy to move...

A great party blender
I bought 2 Wavestations this summer for an annual beach blender party I throw. Armed with a portable generator and tiki bar, I literally mixed over 100 batches of frozen drinks in each unit in just one afternoon (I stopped counting at 100). I have bartended professionally and recreationally for over 20 yrs and I have never run across a commercial blender, let alone a household version that can create fast, consistent smooth blends AND serve them to the last drop from a built in pour tap without ever having to remove the top from the base. Yes, the tap actually works, and works great! I'm buying more just in case some corporate idiot decides to drop the line. Don't let the low price scare you, the Wavestation is really one of those rare items today that actually work as advertised. Enjoy, and remember to party in moderation, or at least give your car keys to somebody how can! :)

We bothered to read the manual
Bought this at Walmart a few days ago (around October 15 2010). It was under 20 bucks and looked good with the pour spout. Even though made in China just like all your name brand stuff is, Hamilton Beach products have served us well when we have had them.

As soon as I got it home, I decided to read reviews. Many really liked it but there were a lot of negative reviews. I read everything from the pour spout would clog, to the lid leaking, to the blender not working anymore and finally someone saying the spout will not come apart to thoroughly clean.

Unlike me, I told the wife to read the manual before using it as I did. The manual covered all these complaints for us anyway. First off, straight ice will take s a little time but seemed to do the job, obviously the crushed ice cannot come out of the spout. When putting ice in thin liquid the manual says to add after agitation has started. We have had no problem with these instructions. The spout does not clog on us...

Equipped with 500 watts of power, this countertop blender works great for liquefying frozen fruit, whipping up creamy smoothies, making pureed soups, and more. Its revolutionary WaveAction blending system continuously forces the mixture down into stainless-steel ice-crushing blades for thorough blending from top to bottom--every time. Great for parties or everyday use, the blender's design includes a convenient dispenser valve, which can be removed and replaced by a cap for standard blending operation. The unit includes a 48-ounce dishwasher-safe DuraBlend plastic jar with a tight-fitting lid, generous handle, and drip-free spout for graceful pouring. The blender carries a three-year limited warranty.

  • Wave-Action system forces mixture down into the blades for smooth results
  • 48-Ounce dishwasher safe DuraBlend jar
  • Patented stainless steel Ice Sabre blades
  • 4 speeds plus pulse
  • 500 Watts peak power



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment