Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Maytag MVWB950YG Bravos 4.6 Cu. Ft. GraniteTop Load Washer - Energy Star

Maytag MVWB950YG Bravos 4.6 Cu. Ft. GraniteTop Load Washer - Energy Star



Maytag MVWB950YG Bravos 4.6 Cu. Ft. GraniteTop Load Washer - Energy Star
The WORST washer I have ever used. Uses too little water, Harsh on clothes, Annoying functionality, No delicates, Wrings items.
I absolutely hate this washer. I've owned it for 18 months now and every time I use it I regret the purchase. Here are some of the reasons I hate it.

1. It uses waaaaay too little water. When I bought it the salesman told me that the machine fills to the top of the clothes plus 1 gallon. That is simply not true. The clothes stick out above the top of the water by 9 inches. The water level is slightly adjustable by the soil level setting but this only changes the level by an inch or two. I have experimented for hours to try to increase the water level - the machine is determined to keep the level low probably so that they can get their highest-level energy star rating. Now you may think that it is a good thing for it to use too little water but when you see how harsh it is on your clothes (item 2 below) and how wrinkled the clothes get (item 4 below) you will change your mind.

2. It is extremely harsh on clothes. When I bought it the salesman told me that the...

Top Loader Maytag Bravos
I agree on a number of points w/the original author. My clothing was quite twisted. Also, I simply LOVE when a salesperson tells you the water level adjusts to "your load". That statement has proven to be BS. Given these issues, I still love this washer compared to the devil spawn front loading Bosch I had. THAT machine drove me mad for 6+ years. Nothing is as good as the old days when appliances lasted 15-20 years. This is the first time I've actually purchased an extended warranty on a stinkin' washer/dryer because I don't trust ANYTHING available to the average consumer these days. Pretty pathetic, considering the cost of appliances nowadays and their nonsensical "energy" saving features. These so called energy saving features are pretty much useless.

Maytag disgrace
In replacing our Whirlpool washer, we decided to try a trusted name in the industry, Maytag, for our next purchase. What a huge disappointed from the Maytag I owned 15 years ago. The washer is suppose to save money by using less water and result in reduced drying time. The only thing this washer does is stain clothes because the detergent doesn't adequately distribute during the wash cycle. Also, it is very hard on clothes even in the delicate cycle. I have tried every tip in the manual to try and get better results but no luck. This is absolutely the worst appliance I have ever owned and so regret my purchase 6 months ago. My daughter purchased the same model at the same time and also has the same complaints. If you are looking for half cleaned clothes that are twisted to pieces, this is the machine for you. AWFUL MACHINE....save your money and frustration. Maytag should be ashamed to put their name on this piece of junk!!!!!

Maytag MVWB950YG 28" Top Load Washer with 4.6 cu. ft. Capacity, 16 Wash Cycles, PowerWash System, Optimal Dispensers, Allergen Cycle and CEE Tier III Energy Star Qualified: Granite



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment