Tuesday, May 14, 2013

LG 2.7 CF COMBO WASHER-DRYER WHITE

LG 2.7 CF COMBO WASHER-DRYER WHITE



LG 2.7 CF COMBO WASHER-DRYER WHITE
Priceless for the space- deprived, "OK" for everybody else
(This review is for the Silver model that I own - Amazon has not yet merged the reviews, so I'm cross-posting)

QUALITY
The build quality of this washer/dryer combo is inconsistent: On the plus side, the machine is heavy enough to stay put, and the drum feels so solid that you could wash bricks in it. Giving 10 years warranty on the motor is also a nice touch. On the other side, the entire front (including the secondary "glass" and shiny bezel around it) is made of plastic, the control panel gets hot (can't be good for the electronics), and I have observed kinks, such as a program starting in the middle maybe 1 out of 10 times, requiring an extra off/on.

THE WASHER
Front- loaders are only now making inroads in the US market, and if you believe "the internet", they are magical. I can confirm at least some of the claims in this specific incarnation: First, the washer is extremely...

Good for small apartments
I actually have the model LG was selling before this one. The only difference is that this new one is 2.7 cu ft, while mine is 2.4.

I've had mine for a year now. We have a small apartment, and saving space is very important for us. We used to have a stackable washer/dryer, that worked fine, but took too much space. Also, out building would not allow us to make a hole in the building wall, so we had to open the window when we used the dryer, and stick the exhaust vent through the window.

When I learned about this lg machine, i was very skeptical. I read reviews that said it did not dry well, took to long to go through the cycle, wrinkled the cloth, vibrated too much, etc. Now after having this machine for a year, I can say I am quite happy. Just do your research and know the limitations of the machine and how to take care of it.

It uses condensation to dry, so do not load it fully, if you want to dry the cloth.
It needs HE detergent. So use HE, and...

Great Unit
I purchased my washer/dryer through Amazon over a month ago. After reading reviews, I was a little concerned about the wash/dry times. After using the unit I have found this to be a non issue. It is important to follow the instructions and I do not over load the unit when drying clothes. I have found it easiest to run the wash only cycle first, then remove the items I don't want to dry. I then turn on the dry cycle (you do this by turning on the unit, not selecting a wash cycle, choosing a dry cycle and turning off the spin cycle). The clothes may feel damp when I first remove them, but I find as I'm folding them that they are infact dry.

The unit is very quiet which is great as I live in a very small space.

One item to note is that drying sheets should not be used, as it hampers the sensor when drying.
It is very convenient when washing large loads (such as sheets, etc) to be able to set the wash/dry cycle at once and then remove the items dry. I used to...

LG WM3455HW 2.3 Cu.Ft. Front Load Compact White Washer And Dryer Combo - WM3455WH/ 1300 RPM/ Ventless Condensing Dryer/ SenseClean/ LoDecibel Quiet Operation/ Highly Energy and Water Efficient/ 9 Washing Cycles/ 6 Drying Cycles/ 5 Temperature Levels/ LED Display/ White Finish



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment