Saturday, May 11, 2013

Whirlpool WTW4950XW 3.6 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - Energy Star

Whirlpool WTW4950XW 3.6 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - Energy Star



Whirlpool WTW4950XW 3.6 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - Energy Star
Consumer Reports third lowest rated washer
I bought this washer on sale at Lowes, when the washer I planned to buy required an extra $250 pedestal to be functional. I did not read the CR review until afterward.

If I had read the review prior to purchase, I would not have bought this washer. It is CR's third lowest rated top loading washer, scoring only 32 points, compared to a high of 75 points. Its lowest rated area is the most important-washing efficiency. It was one of only four washers awarded a "fair" rating for washing efficiency-no washers rated "poor". (In most other areas it rated very well.)

I went back in before delivery to swap it out. The salesperson convinced me to try it for thirty days, telling me that no matter what CR said, it would get my clothes clean, and I would love it. I don't love it. Consumer Reports was right.

I wanted to like this washer. It is nice looking. The controls are easy to work, and I thought there would be less chance of a problem with a knob...

Not so good
I just returned this washer after 3 days of washing. It is not like your old school agitator machine. It will hold a lot of clothes, but the "agitator" or wash plate action is not enough for the tough dirt and stains. It is quiet and it saves water but it left a lot stains behind. I used a front loader to get a better wash. Does fine for normal clothes not dirty or stained. Saves water and easy to operate.

Do Not Waste Your Money on This Machine!!!!!!!!
This is the absolute worst machine I have ever owned. I purchased it because I was tired of my socks and underwear falling on the floor with the front loader and the fact that the musty smell would not go away. I went with this top loader, thinking it was akin to the good old fashioned washers and I wouldn't have computer issues, smells and mold. Well, I was wrong. To begin with, it rips your clothes to shreds, because it does not use enough water. Your underwear soon has holes and the elastic starts to fall off. Forget putting any decent dress clothing in it, as any satin type of fabric ends up in the trash can. Also, your clothes do not come clean. If you have kids, you can wash jeans three times and still there will be caked on dirt. Forget it, if you have a dog and want to wash a dog blanket, even if you soak it first and wash three times, it still won't be clean and it will still smell. Now, as far as the computer issues............OMG!.........what a nightmare! The...

This high-efficiency ENERGY STAR qualified and CEE Tier 3** rated washer delivers increased capacity, better cleaning performance and gentleness, and more energy savings than traditional top-load washer. The H2Low wash system automatically senses the size of each load to use less water and deliver better cleaning performance and gentleness than a traditional top load washer. Activate the EcoBoost option to even further lower your overall energy use.

  • 4.3 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Wash Basket
  • ENERGY STAR Qualified
  • CEE Tier III Qualified
  • H2Low wash system with Auto Load Sensing
  • Care Control Temperature Management
  • EcoBoost
  • Quiet Spin technology
  • 800 RPM Maximum Spin Speed
  • Impeller
  • Cycle status bar
  • Wide-opening lid
  • 12 Automatic Cycles
  • Heavy Duty Cycle
  • Bulky Items Cycle
  • Normal Cycle
  • Casual Cycle
  • Delicate Cycle
  • Quick Wash Cycle
  • Soak Cycle <

    • Spin Speed: 800 RPM / Energy Guide: 128 KWh/yr
    • Water Used Per Cycle: 15 Gal (avg) / Delay Start: N/A
    • EcoBoost For Enhanced Energy Savings On Any Cycle
    • Dimensions (WHD): 27 1/4" X 43" X 26 5/16"



    Price Comparison & More Details
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment