Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LG 27.6 CF FRENCH DOOR REF SS

LG 27.6 CF FRENCH DOOR REF SS



LG 27.6 CF FRENCH DOOR REF SS
My prefered brand is LG, this fridge has just one problem
I like the way this fridge looks, and like all stainless appliances it shows streaks and finger prints, but it's worth it to me. If you are troubeled by that issue, don't by anything stainless. That isn't LGs fault, it's just a fact of the finish. I like that I can easily place a half sheet pan on any shelf and the fact that there are four separate drawers. All fridges are warmest at the top, so store less perishiable things up there.

It doesn't make huge amounts of ice, and the cubes are really small, but I don't have a large family so it isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is the way the left door closes. It is easy to have the mullion not go into it's channel, leaving the door open about an inch. It's true that it will beep after a minute or so, but if you grabbed your lunch out of the fridge on your way out the door, it will just beep all day and the fridge will be about 50 degrees on your return. Because I have never owned a french door fridge, I don't...

Beautiful, if only it was functional
First of all, the good part: This fridge is a gorgeous piece of kitchenware. The stainless steel looks stunning next to my oak cabinets, and I've gotten quite a few compliments.

However, it's functionality does not live up to its fabulous facade.

So, here are the bad parts:

The water dispenser is separate from and placed above the ice dispenser, so that the drip tray (even if extended) will not catch any excess water sloshed about. It also confuses anyone new to the fridge and you'll end with water all over your floor. We've started keeping water in pitchers when we host parties to prevent this. Still, we inevitably end up having to hand out towels to at least one unfortunate soul.

The ice maker is horrible. The ice cubes stick together constantly, so that you have to bang on it a bit. Plus, we've already had to call and get someone to come out and put in a new ice cube tray when ours got stuck mid-rotation and started making strange...

Great Refrigerator!
I have owned this refrigerator for a couple of years now, and it has been wonderful. No trouble at all, keeps food very cold. I like the French Doors, very usable space. The interior is beautiful with the LED lighting. The Linear Compressor is very quiet and has a ten year warranty. Ice output is moderate, but I knew that going in. It is OK for my use. My old refer would freeze my eggs. This one has no problems like that. I can say without reservation that this is the best refrigerator that I have ever owned! I also own an LG Washer and Dryer and they have been working away trouble free for 5 years now. My LG Stove has also been great, some trouble with the capacitive touch control panel, but LG service replaced it with out a problem. For me anyway, I like all the LG appliances that I own and have no regrets about buying any of them. I think people are most likely to write a review if they have a bad experience than if they have a good experience.

  • Slim SpacePlus Ice System
  • Tall Ice & Water Dispensing System
  • Ultra-Large Capacity (28 cubic feet)
  • Exterior / Interior Styling Package
  • Linear Compressor
  • Enhanced 4-compartment crisper system

    • Tall Ice & Water Dispensing System
    • Slim SpacePlus Ice System
    • Enhanced 4-compartment Crisper System
    • Dimensions (WHD): 35 3/4" X 69 3/4" X 47 5/8"



    Price Comparison & More Details
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment