Saturday, May 11, 2013

Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer

Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer



Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer
It's great, no matter what Alton Brown says!
This unit is similar to the one I have (old style 06000), so I have included my review here as well.

I bought one at Walmart last year. I use it pretty often, but mostly for making popcorn. Turn temp to 350, put a couple-three tablespoons of peanut oil in the bottom, and then when the oil heats up throw in 1/3 to 1/2 cup of popcorn. Put the cover on and keep the pot moving while the corn pops. When the corn has just about stopped popping, turn the heat off and pour the popcorn into a bowl. Butter, salt and eat. YUM!

I've deep-fried scallops in it, steamed vegetables, cooked rice, made soup and even baked potatoes. The thing works great! I wasn't going to write a review until I saw Alton Brown talk some trash about it on Good Eats. I got pretty defensive about my humble Presto cooker! He was doing a silly episode about "man food" like corn dogs and thin, square hamburgers. Well, when Mr. Brown was explaining how to fry the corn dogs he said (while holding a Presto...

Fries great, steams even better & cleanup is a snap.
We were missing our old Fry Daddy so we went to get a new one but wound up with this model 06006 make sure to check as there are several variants. The lid helps keep splatter to a minimum. The included basket cleans up easily and is large enough to accommodate servings for two. We've since steamed vegi's including squash, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and it works like a charm. The real selling point is that this model has a sealed heating element so you can stick it in the dishwasher or wash it in the sink under water THANK YOU PRESTO! Would recommend it to anyone.

super cooker
I've had mine sine either 1997 or 1998. Thereabout. Right now as I write, I'm frying some fish and the result has always been as it was when I first bought it. I'm looking for a replacement basket because someone, whom I let use my deep fryer for a party, lost my basket. That was 11 years ago. I've been frying without the basket since then and it's the same result. Now I want to get a new basket, not a new fryer. For as long it works, I will continue to use it. So expect me back in 15 years.

Premium nonstick finish, inside and out for stick-free cooking and easy cleaning, fully immiscible and dishwasher safe with heat control removed.

  • So versatile, you'll use it every day; Makes soups, and casseroles; Steams vegetables and rice; cooks pasta; Roasts beef, pork, and poultry
  • Deep fries six servings in handy steam/fry basket; Heavy cast aluminum base for even heat distribution
  • Tempered glass cover; Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed
  • Control Master heat control regulates the desired cooking temperature automatically
  • Versatile basket for steaming, blanching, and deep frying; Basket snaps onto rim of multi-cooker for easy draining



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment