Sunday, May 12, 2013

Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator

Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator



Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
Excellent Brew, High Quality Percolator
I originally purchased this percolator to throw in my suitcase for business and vacation travel because I can't stand those funky hotel coffee brewers and cheap single-serving coffee packets. But, this Presto percolator is such a fast brew, the coffee is so much better, and it is so easy to take care of, that it has become my daily brewer, even when I am home. There are no gaskets to remove (stove-top espresso makers), there is nowhere for mold to build up (have you ever looked at the area where the coffee comes out of the electric coffee makers after a few days?), and all of the parts are stainless steel or plastic. Plus, it doubles as a teapot while traveling; just wash it, add water, and plug it in! In less then 5 minutes, you can have a hot cup of tea in your hotel room. The parts are all solid, sturdy, and fit together perfectly, too.

Great Coffee Pot!
I originally purchased the 12 cup version of this percolator and liked it so well that I bought the 6 cup to take to work. It makes a wonderful cup of coffee - hot, smooth, and the perfect strength. Yes, there can be sediment - sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't - but it's not a deal breaker to me. I've learned that if I let it sit for a few minutes when it's finished perking before I pour my first cup that if there is sediment, it will sink to the bottom. Then, if I don't completely drain every drop from the pot, there isn't any in my cup.

Because I already had flat bottom 4-cup paper filters for my drip maker, I used these instead of purchasing the more expensive percolator filters. Simply poke a hole in it for the stem and the damp paper will wrap around the stem and seal the hole. This has worked wonders for grounds and sediment.

There is nothing like the happy sound of coffee perking and that delicious aroma every morning.

I highly...

Delicious Coffee Everytime
We were tired of replacing our Faberware coffee pot every 6 months because of the plug breaking (where it connects to the pot). So we searched. I threw out my drip pot...the coffe was too weak. I am a very big fan of the "Olde Fashioned Perked Coffee." This Presto seems to be perfect. The plug fitting into the coffee pot seems to be well made. I made the first pot of coffee without the thin paper that is suggested for the grinds. The coffee tasted fine, the aroma delicious. It does take a little longer to brew than the Faberware...almost seven minutes...yet it's worth the wait! (I will be plugging it into a timer so that I don't have to wait at all!) Better pouring design also...you don't get any coffee grinds at the bottom of your cup, and pours very smoothly. I don't know the temperature of the coffee..I just know what I like. The coffee is hot enough so that when I add my milk it's still hot and pleasant. It has a great "body"...not just tinted water like some others...

Makes great-tasting coffee, fast. Brews 2 to 6 cups of rich, hot coffee. Stainless steel construction.

  • 500-watt classic stainless-steel percolator brews from 2 to 6 cups of coffee
  • Circulates hot water through grounds, creating that familiar percolating sound
  • Ready-to-serve indicator light; detachable cord; drip-free spout for graceful serving
  • Automatic keep-warm mode; cool-touch knob and handle; stay-cool bottom
  • Measures approximately 7-1/2 by 4 by 10 inches; 1-year limited warranty



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment