Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Waste King 1000 Eco Green Food Waste Disposer

Waste King 1000 Eco Green Food Waste Disposer



Waste King 1000 Eco Green Food Waste Disposer
Great for the money, easy install
I rated this 4 stars instead of 5, because based on the marketing they would have you believe this is a $200+ disposal you're getting for under $100. It's not. It's a well made (in China, of course) $100 class disposal. The motor case is plastic, and the mounting hardware a little thinner than it appears in the photo. Nonetheless, it's a good disposal for the price and works well. Installation was easy, it seems to do a much better job than my old unit in grinding up the waste into smaller particles and it's quieter than my old disposal, almost inaudible when the water is running.

Important note. It you have a standard stainless or cast iron sink you DO NOT need to purchase any of the Amazon recommended add-ons, as everything you need to mount the disposal and hook it up to your dishwasher (assuming that you have the dishwasher hooked up to you current disposal) is included in the box, except some plumber's putty. In my case I didn't need to use the discharge fitting...

2nd time's the charm.
First off, this is a great garbage disposal, I would rate the one I currently have installed a 5.
That being said, I originally ordered this disposal directly from Amazon and didn't fair to well.
When I opened the box the drain elbow was broken, so it was evident that the disposal could have been damaged in shipping.
I decided to hook it up anyway. Installation was easy, I didn't miss the fact that this model doesn't use EZ-mount.
I soon found out that when I drained a large amount of water, like a sink full from washing dishes, it would leak from the seam on the grind chamber. Returned to Amazon for a full refund, at that point Amazon didn't stock it anymore so I bought a replacement from Buy Plumbing. The replacement showed up in perfect condition and works great.

Pros:
-Smallest 1HP disposal I could find; I have very limited space under the sink so this is important.
-Quiet; really quiet, never heard another garbage disposal this quiet...

Goodbye Badger 1
Like many others, I found the glowing reviews on Amazon and Consumer Reports for the Waste King disposals irresistable. My Badger 1 had recently started acting up, so it was a great time to upgrade. At the time I purchased this Eco-1000 disposal, it only had one review on Amazon, but I reasoned that the lifetime in-home warranty made it a safe bet. NOTE: I purchased my Eco-1000 on Amazon from BuyPlumbing.net for under 90 dollars, including shipping. The listed price on Amazon jumped to $150 dollars the very next day. Lucky me!

When removing my existing Badger 1, I found that using a screwdriver through one of the "wing loops" for extra leverage was the only way to get it twisted off. Banging it with a hammer didn't help at all. Also, unlike most of the reviews that I have read, the plumbing under my sink was NOT a direct "plug and play" fit between the old disposal and the new Eco-1000. My Eco-1000's discharge hole was approximately 1.5" lower than my Badger 1. I...

Anaheim Manufacturing Company disposers grind food waste into smaller particles than the leading competitor's disposer. Smaller food particles biodegrade faster than larger particles, keeping cess-pools and drain pipes cleaner. Larger food particles tend to clog drain pipes faster than smaller particles. Most modern waste treatment facilities convert food scraps into fertilizer and soil conditioners, adding to the benefits of using a garbage disposer and helping to continue the recycling momentum. Anaheim Manufacturing disposers consume less energy to grind the same food waste as the leading competitor's disposers. Under normal operating conditions, the total energy consumption is less than a 60-watt light bulb. The efficiency of the Anaheim Manufacturing Company Permanent Magnet Motors compared to the leading competitor's Induction Motors allows you to cut grinding time, in turn saving both energy and water consumption. Being sensitive to the size of the carbon footprint we leave behind is something all of us need to be thinking about. Less energy is consumed to build a Permanent Magnet Motor by Anaheim Manufacturing Company than an Induction Motor by the leading competitor. Our well designed disposers use less energy and less water due to finer grinding processes.

  • Power cord included
  • Uses Less Water: Permanent magnet motor technology grinds food waste quickly, using less water than the leading competitor?s disposer.
  • High speed 2800 RPM Permanent Magnet Motor
  • Stainless steel, rust free grinding components
  • Mounts to ANY existing sink flange



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment