Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Samsung DMT400RHS 400 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star

Samsung DMT400RHS 400 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star



Samsung DMT400RHS 400 24
Samsung DMT400RHS Rocks! Well, it's actually very stable and quiet ;)
Guess I'm the first here to review the Samsung DMT400RHS. Some background first. We purchased our house new about 10 years ago. The original appliances (dishwasher and stove) were low end Kenmore. REALLY low end Kenmore. Although both the electric range and dishwasher were still functional we decided it would be nice to upgrade with new equipment. I began searching for a new dishwasher about a year ago. Almost pulled the trigger on a high end LG but was reluctant as it was expensive (on sale at $799) and the reviews were all over the place. They ranged from it being the greatest dishwasher ever to being junk. I passed and kept looking. Well, President's Day sales came along and there were some good deals out there especially at the big box stores. (NOTE: I did not purchase the Samsung from Amazon. I love Amazon but the price at the box store was just too good to pass up.) I kept searching the net and reading reviews, lots of reviews. Talked to my wife and she said, "ok,...

Great dishwasher for the money
UPDATE: 10 months after purchase, the dishwasher stopped working. After waiting two weeks for a Samsung technician, he was unable to fix it, claiming he had the wrong part. To Samsung's credit, they called me the next day and offered to refund me my total purchase price for the appliance, which I accepted. I guess the moral is that this isn't the most reliable dishwasher on the market, but Samsung stood by their product, at least during the warranty period, and made me whole for my purchase.

We researched dishwashers to replace a Bosch dishwasher that had recently gone to dishwasher heaven. We had consistent trouble with the Bosch electronics which kept going bad, so we avoided them even though they are recommended in many reviews as the best, including Consumer Reports. We kept coming back to the Samsung DMT800 and 400 and finally settled on the 400. The biggest difference we could see was that the 800 had a delayed start feature which we knew we'd never use...

Don't waste your money, I'm sorry I did
I'm assuming mine is an earlier version of this one. It looks just like it except I don't have the pretty lights on the front (bummer). It certainly looks beautiful but it does have pluses & minuses.

Pluses: love the adjustable racks and open spaces for large items; like the "bins" on the silverware holder so I can put small items in it & close the lid and not have them end up on the floor of the unit (to credit it - I've never had a single item end up on the floor of the machine); nice heavy duty stainless interior; quiet operation (although it seems louder now than when I purchased it about 1.5 yrs ago, this may just be because the transition from my old machine was so noticeable, whereas, now I'm used to this one); unlike others, I love the way it dries, nothing warps or melts, it's great; and it generally cleans well.

Minuses: I don't know if it is the way my Pfaltzgraf dishes are made but they don't fit in the unit as well as in my old GE, the plates and...

  • Mix Air Condensing Drying System
  • Food Disposer
  • 51 decibels Quiet Operating Volume
  • Smart Auto Wash
  • Double Filteration Soft Water Filtration System
  • Double Filteration Soft Water Filtration System
  • Mechanism that produces clean rinse water. Multiple filtration prevents impurities and food particles from reentry.
  • 3 Spray Wash Arms (Upper, Middle, Lower)
  • 4 Wash Cycles
  • Water Leakage Sensor
  • Delicate / China
  • Heavy / Pots & Pans Cycle
  • Normal Cycle
  • 14 Place Settings Capacity
  • Ball Tipped Tines
  • Touch Glass Control Panel Style
  • Hidden Control Type
  • Bar Handle Type
  • Hidden Heater Position
  • Nylon 12 Rack Coating
  • Stainless Steel Tub Material
  • Stainless Steel Exterior

    • Virtually Noiseless
    • Unique Leakage Sensor
    • Adjustable Upper Rack
    • Dimensions (WHD): 23 7/8" X 33 7/8" - 35 7/8" X 25"



    Price Comparison & More Details
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment