Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor

Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor



Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor
A Kitchen appliance snob says 'WOW'
Kitchen supplies are like an addiction to me. I spare no expense on only the best. Kitchenaid mixers, Le Creuset whatever, All Clad this and that. But one day I was short on cash and decided I needed a food processor. I saw this in a grocery store for, like, $20. I said, "Screw it, this will work until I can afford a $100 Cuisinart." That was a year ago, and I have had no desire the replace this one yet. I grind nuts in it. I've made big batches of pesto in it. Hell, I make pie crust in it on a REGULAR basis (Making pie crust in a food processor, though much easier then using a pastry blender by hand, is absolute HELL on a food processor.) . This little bad boy takes the abuse and asks for more. If it blows up tomorrow, Ill have gotten my moneys worth, and even if I have the money for a better name brand, I would probably just go out and buy another Hamilton Beach. I'm only giving it 5 stars because Amazon wont let me give it 10. Seriously, 'Worth the Money' is an understatement.

Great for the price
When faced with the option of spending $100 or $30 for a processor of this capacity, I figured I would be crazy not to at least try the $30 (I went to my local Target to avoid the shipping fees). So far, I'm happy, but will likely upgrade in the next year or too. The aesthetic, low profile and weight are all excellent--no complaints.

I've used the slicing disk to cut a variety of vegetables with no real complaints. It has handled everything with relative ease--some smash up on the sides, but a million times faster and more consistent than by hand.

I haven't used the grating disk, but I'm skeptical of this feature in general.

The motor is powerful and so far my only problem is learning how powerful it is. I positively liquified onions the first time I tried to dice them. The real key is very quick pulses, and very few of them.

My only real problem, and the reason I will probably upgrade, is that the blade sits relatively high, so if you...

Excellent!
I was looking for a good food processor to make beer cheese for the winter. I use to just use an electric hand mixer before and realised I needed something to give it a much creamier texture.

After checking out a few differant brands and models, which I'm sure are very good too, I decided on this Hamilton Beach 6 cup food processor. Bring it looked well built, blades appeared good and strong, a good name brand and 6 cups being not to small so I can make up a big batch of beer cheese, but not to small so its not a burden to clean.

All I can say is I am extremely impressed with this thing.

Please mind, this is my first food processor, as I have recently been getting into cooking. But this is incrediblly powerful.

I really like the simple features, on and pulse, which pulse instantly turns off when you let go. I found this to be great when I'm adding touch ups to my beer cheese.

This product is very well built too. Its definatly not...

The Hamilton Beach Food Processor is good for mixing, chopping, slicing and shredding. Dishwasher safe bowl, lid and blades so you don't have to worry about cleaning. With it's space saving design, everything fits in bowl for easy storage.

  • In-bowl blade storage
  • Space-saving design
  • 300 Watt motor
  • Convenient On/Pulse dial
  • Dishwasher safe



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment