Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bosch SHX55RL5UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star

Bosch SHX55RL5UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star



Bosch SHX55RL5UC 500 24
Bosch SHX55RL5UC
Most important to me was the no leak features since we have hardwood in the kitchen. I was willing to pay more to get that. Very quiet, and cleans well. Important to just scrape not rinse dishes so sensors will determine the length of wash cycle as the water is recycled. A cycle run with water glasses will be shorter than one with greasy dishes. Filter needs cleaning occasionally. The easy to lower top rack feature for taller items is handy. Removing the top rack to accommodate something huge is also fine but I never use that feature. Rinse agent and powdered or Finish Powerball detergent for better drying performance is recommended and, at least in my water situation, is necessary. Uses less water so there is a need to adjust the amount of detergent appropriate for your water hardness to prevent etching. It's load capacity is a little lower and it doesn't get plastic completely dry. It doesn't have a heating coil. Using the sanitize cycle boosts the drying. It is...

Small interior, supposed to use rinse aid
It does get dishes clean and it is quieter than my old dishwasher, but it's a lot different. First, it's smaller. I had heard that it had less space inside. I wasn't worried because we usually take 2 days to fill up the dishwasher. This one can hold about 2/3 as many dishes. I don't even understand how, I think the tines are all so close together I can't get my bowls and glasses in the rows. I do not have crazy oversized or thick dishes. Second, the rinse aid. I have never used rinse aid, never wanted to -- this dishwasher basically says in the manual that rinse aid is required. So I used the recommended brand - and the dishes still aren't dry, but now my Calphelon pan has a horrible white film on it that I haven't been able to remove.



SHX55RL5UC 24 DLX Bar Handle Dishwasher With 4 Wash Cycles AquaStop Leak Protection 14 Place Setting Capacity Duo-Flex Silverware Basket Half Load Cycle For Small

  • 46 dBA- No quieter dishwasher in its class
  • Red Remaining Time Display
  • 19 h Delay Start Timer
  • 800 Series Upper and 500 Series Lower Rack
  • InfoLight(R) Beams on the Floor to Indicate Dishwasher is Running



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment