Sunday, April 28, 2013

George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates

George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates



George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates
Worth some hassles, but be aware of them first!
Summary: a good grill with quirks that get in the way of it being great. It's a huge improvement for cleaning, and it has a nicely-sized 4-burger grill plate. It doesn't get quite as hot as the "old-style" models, and if you don't learn its quirks you can ruin perfectly good meals.

Overview

I had an "old style" Foreman grill, one of the smaller ones with permanently attached plates, for years. I loved it - especially how you could get the grill scary hot and get some great crusts on grilled meats. But man, I hated cleaning it!

Eventually, it died, and I wanted something that answered my two biggest complaints: small size of the cooking service, and something that was easier to clean! This grill looked like the answer.

Bottom line: I *want* to love it, I really do! And it does answer my two biggest complaints, so I'm continuing to use it, but it has a couple of quirks that keep me from loving it. So close! But here's my experience...

The best indoor grill unit!
I have been through several previous Foreman grills, Hamiton Beach, DeLongi, etc.

This is the best indoor grill, bar none.

The timer is wonderful.

The heat control is very accurate.

I just made a grocery store standard porterhouse (.75 inch not a huge one) at 425 degrees and it came out with caremelized marks and perfect doneness. Follow the charts and subtract about half a minute at this temperature.

I am one happy camper...clean up is a breeze in the dishwasher.

Bravo to Salton.

Best George Foreman Grill Yet
I had an older model and used it from time to time, but always felt it never really got clean. This new version with the removable grilling plates was what I was waiting for. Both grill plates come off for easy cleaning in the sink. I washed mine in the dishwasher once too - both ways works great.

Also having the temperature settings and timer makes it easy to cook your food fast. I've done steaks, chicken, fish and hamburgers and all have come out great!

George Foreman Grill with removable plates in a silver metallic finish. New Comtemporary Desgin.

  • Countertop grill with 100-square-inch nonstick cooking surface
  • Patented sloped design helps channel fat and grease away from food
  • Digital timer and adjustable temperature control with LED readouts
  • 1-1/2-inch floating hinge; dishwasher-safe grill plates; drip tray and spatula included
  • Measures approximately 14 by 17 by 7 inches; 1-year limited warranty



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment