Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWS, Stainless Steel

Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWS, Stainless Steel



Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWS, Stainless Steel
Disappointed - But a value considering
Let me start out by saying that I thought very hard about whether to give this dishwasher 2 or 3 stars. I will discuss in detail why I chose to rate this product as I did. My wife and I had a very nice high end dishwasher $600 price range, and after several years the motor died. (New motor was $275, cheaper to just buy a new washer.) Coincidentally, we had just put the house on the market, so we didn't want to shell out a ton of money again. We opted for the Amana Stainless Steel dishwasher to fill the "look" of our upscale kitchen. For $300, no tax and free shipping...can't go wrong? Right?

Well, we got what we paid for. I even "stole" the noise dampening padding from our old dishwasher and fit it around the outer tub of the new Amana. My dB reader records an average sound level of 76dB which is 7dB more than the description. I'm not sure if they took that reading on the drying/heat cycle, but this thing is loud. It sounds like a jet engine in your kitchen. We have an open...

Did its job but very loud
This review is based on the first couple uses of the washer. The washer did its job. All the dishes were cleaned as expected; however, it's extremely noisy. It sounds as if there is a whale in the washer trying to get out.

Good Dishwasher!
I am very pleased with this dishwasher. It is very good quality and I am pleased with it's performance. I am definitely pleased with the price. It is a little loud but I just turn it on when I go to bed and it doesn't bother me. It really isn't that loud. I disagree with a previous comment that it looks like fake stainless mine matches well with my other appliances.

Model Comparison

Key Feature Differences
ADB1000AW series

ADB1400PY series
Tub Style Standard Size Tall Tub - creates more room for additional dishes or larger pots/pans
Capacity 10 place settings 12 place settings
ENERGY STAR Qualified No Yes - meets 2012 ENERGY STAR guidelines
Sound Package None Quiet Partner I
Sound Tested dBA 69 dBA 59 dBA
Console Height 6-inches 4-inches - smaller console allows for a more stylish, refined design
Control Type Electro Mechanical Electronic, Flat Touch Controls
Control Lockout Feature No Yes
High Temp Wash Option No Yes
Delay Wash No 4 hour delay - allows you to delay washing your dishes for up to 4 hours, during off-peak hours when utility rates may be lower
Wash Sensor No Auto Soil Sensor - adjusts wash time based on dish soil levels
Silverware Basket Large In-The-Rack Silverware Basket Twice As Nice Silverware Baskets - place your Silverware Baskets in different locations in the tub for the flexibility to fit more items regardless of size and shape
Anti-Microbial Protection No Yes - helps inhibit the growth of stain-and-odor-causing bacteria on the silverware baskets


  • ENERGY STAR Qualified
  • Standard Tub Dishwasher
  • Soil Settler Tower Feed Wash System
  • Plate Warm Cycle
  • Vinyl Racks



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment