Sunday, April 28, 2013

Danby DDW1899WP 8 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher - White

Danby DDW1899WP 8 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher - White



Danby DDW1899WP 8 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher - White
So far wonderful
I haven't had this dishwasher more than a few months so I can't speak on durability. I live in a small apartment on my own and had never had a dishwasher before. I decided against the countertop models because living in a small space, I really didn't have any kitchen counterspace to spare anyway; but I figured I did have 18 inches of floor space where I could put this dishwasher and I would be able to use the top of it as a counter. So I figured this would in fact be more space saving than those countertop models which take a lot of counter space. I ended up being right about this at least as far as my apartment is concerned.

Cleans well. I never expected a tiny model like this to clean as as well as some bigger models out there, but it does. I expected to have to pre-rinse everything that went in the machine. Most of the time I find I don't even have to do that to get a squeeky clean result. But it's recommended that you do pre-rinse. The wheels are plastic, but...

Great size - Great Performance
I have owned Danby Products before and have never been disappointed. This is a well built machine at a great price. It does have a long cycle but I've never had a built in so I don't really have much to compare it to other than doing by hand. the Normal Wash setting runs about 2.5 hours from start to finish. But it is very quiet compared to what I have heard in friends homes. I live in a small home and my bedroom is right next to the kitchen. I am able to start the washer before I go to bed and not hear a peep. It is like having my own magic elves doing the dishes while I sleep. Of course, nothing is perfect and I will say that the "drying" mechanism doesn't always mean that I wake up to dry dishes, but it seems that it depends on the dishes. Ceramic type dishes dry very well while plastic seem to be what holds the droplets of water... Also, top rack doesn't seem to get the benefit of the heat like the bottom rack. Secondly, I've read tons of reviews on a variety of websites...

Oh dear god thank you for this machine!!
Love this machine! LOVE IT. I have been 5 years without a dishwasher and this little thing is perfect for me and my husband.

There are issues. If you don't have a well you'll have no clue why there's a salt reservoir, and with the crappy manual you'll have to read the reviews that tell you that the white topped, clear middle, screw off cap on the left is where you put salt into the bottom pan. Then you'll have to learn that the salt you need is only sold in 40 lb bags (minimum) at Home Depot which isn't a big deal if you are like me and have a well and buy that stuff all the time. For those who are curious look at the user uploaded pictures, I've got a bag of pellet salt that you'll need and my brine tank that needs to be cleaned. X(

EDIT: As of today I have filled the brine tank of the dishwasher to the top and the salt light is off!

As for cleaning, it works, it has a stainless steel interior which will keep it from stinking after a few years of hard...

4 speed selector switch. Delayed shutdown for 5 or 15 minute timed programs. Automatic shut-off of intensive level, programmable for 10 minutes. Integrated halogen lighting with dimmer function. Programmable filter saturation timers. Front mounted controls. Double-sided, single motor system moves up to 625 CFM.

  • 8 place setting capacity with silverware basket
  • Simple electronic controls
  • 6 wash cycles
  • Durable stainless steel spray arm & interior
  • Castors for easy portability



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment