Tuesday, April 30, 2013

T-fal FZ700050 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White

T-fal FZ700050 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White



T-fal FZ700050 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White
Excellent fried food, cheap materials
I have received my Actifry this week. The potatoes I fried here came out perfectly fried. Imagine the best french fries you have tasted but without the greasy feeling and oil dripping from them. The oil you will find on the fries once they are ready is virtually invisible. If you want them very crispy, just let them fry a little longer than the specified time. If you like them tender on the inside, follow the specified time provided on the user's manual which is around 40 minutes for 2 1/5 pounds.

So far I have tried frying potatoes, bananas, nuggets and onions. All came out with brilliant results and what's best, using minimal oil. They all looked and tasted just like fried but were not greasy. And they were very crispy.

The only drawback is the quality of this gadget that was clearly not made to last. I have used mine 6 times only and the paddle has already stopped working twice for no apparent reason. The paddle was attached correctly and no food was blocking...

Excellent Idea - Questionable quality for the price
I've had the T-Fal Actifry for 3 months now, and I've loved it for making large batches of low-fat fries, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and vegetables.

After what I consider light to normal use (using it every few days for a cooking task) the gray plastic molded piece underneath the removable pan has developed a crack. The crack doesn't affect the cooking (yet) and I'll be continuing to use the machine for large batches, but at $250, the ActiFry machine seems very overpriced for something that only holds up to 3 months of light use before developing cracks.

Based on other reviews here, I also recently purchased a KitchenStir KS1000 Chef's Stir Pan, and I'd like to point out the differences between the two machines for those thinking of purchasing one.

The KitchenStir (roughly $80) is a much smaller machine, so you cannot get as large a batch cooked as with the Actifry. (On the plus side, the KitchenStir has a much smaller footprint, which makes storage a...

Not perfect, but great
I bought this in 2008 in Germany and use it every day for perfect fries and everything else pre-cooked or pre-fried. First of all: it is important to understand that it's more like an oven than a frier. Never made home-made fries, frozen works for me. In less than 20 mins I get my side order. If you cook more, like 2 pounds, you will need more time.
I have never had a serious issue with the machine. I broke the lid while cleaning it (it is NOT dish-washer safe as I learned) and Tefal sent me a new one next day for free (I am happy we have 2-year-warranties in Europe, it's the law here). I also bake frozen rolls, spring rolls, fish sticks, breaded shrimp, chroissants, even small pizza slices etc. etc. Maybe it is not good to share this, but sometimes I just take the rotating arm out (for bigger items) and use it without - which is against instructions but works great.
What bothers me is that the 'timer' does not switch the machine off and its' signal is drowned in the...

T-fal FZ7000001 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, White

  • 2.2 -pound-capacity electric low-fat multi-cooker with patented stirring paddle and pulsating heat system
  • Cook a variety of full meals easily and quickly using little-to-no oil
  • Easy 2 button operation; See through steam-free lid; ceramic coated nonstick aluminum pan: PTFE and PFOA free.
  • No pre-heating needed - constant cooking temperature of 338-degree F.
  • Easy to clean - dishwasher-safe lid, pan, paddle and filter; color recipe book (38 recipes) and measuring spoon included.
  • Measures 16.7 by 13.6 by 9.4 inches; weight: 8.9 lbs. Power: 1450W, 12A; 1-year limited warranty; Made in France



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment