Friday, April 26, 2013

Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWB, Black

Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWB, Black



Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWB, Black
Not the best, but good value for the money
Bought this at a local appliance store for $229.00, a good price for a dishwasher, I didnt need anything special, I just wanted something to clean my dishes so I could stop handwashing them. I had it installed and it looks and works great, very simple, basic controls, does a good job cleaning and rinsing the dishes.
My only complaint is the silverware basket is very small, about less than half the size of my old dishwasher, and the smallest I have seen in any model, I didnt notice that when I purchased the dishwasher. I wish I had kept the old basket from the old machine.
Other than that,its built well, all metal exterior something you dont see in other brands, and seems sturdy,more so than the one I replaced.
Overall, a good value for the money.
If you want a basic machine that washes dishes, this is the one to check out.

NO COMPLAINT HERE!
All I wanted was a dishwasher that would wash, rinse and dry a normal cycle. My other dishwashers have always had so many choices that I never, ever used. Just something more to go wrong. This dishwasher is very basic and does an excellent job of washing the dishes. I agree with the review stating the silverware compartment is very small, but I took their advice and saved my compartment from my last dishwasher and it fit beautifully and now I have lots of room for silverware. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Great machine at this price
For a builders grade machine at this price point ($249) it's a great value. It's kinda small so if your a family of five I would look elsewhere. The racks are not terribly useable and the silverware basket is also small. It's noisy. It cleans the dishes like crazy though. Electro-mechanical controls...so no touch pads or sensitive electronics to fizz out. It doesn't take three hours to cycle, there's no "green" nonsense built into the machine, and it uses a lot of water. My dishes have never been cleaner. I saved a ton by resisting the urge to buy a high digit machine with a million questionable features. I'm glad I did, I saved hundreds.

Model Comparison

Key Feature Differences
ADB1000AW series

ADB1400PY series
Tub Style Standard Size Tall Tub - creates more room for additional dishes or larger pots/pans
Capacity 10 place settings 12 place settings
ENERGY STAR Qualified No Yes - meets 2012 ENERGY STAR guidelines
Sound Package None Quiet Partner I
Sound Tested dBA 69 dBA 59 dBA
Console Height 6-inches 4-inches - smaller console allows for a more stylish, refined design
Control Type Electro Mechanical Electronic, Flat Touch Controls
Control Lockout Feature No Yes
High Temp Wash Option No Yes
Delay Wash No 4 hour delay - allows you to delay washing your dishes for up to 4 hours, during off-peak hours when utility rates may be lower
Wash Sensor No Auto Soil Sensor - adjusts wash time based on dish soil levels
Silverware Basket Large In-The-Rack Silverware Basket Twice As Nice Silverware Baskets - place your Silverware Baskets in different locations in the tub for the flexibility to fit more items regardless of size and shape
Anti-Microbial Protection No Yes - helps inhibit the growth of stain-and-odor-causing bacteria on the silverware baskets


  • ENERGY STAR Qualified
  • Standard Tub Dishwasher
  • Soil Settler Tower Feed Wash System
  • Plate Warm Cycle
  • Vinyl Racks



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment