Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fisher Paykel DD24DCTX6v2 Tall Double Dishwasher Drawer - Stainless Steel with Recessed Handle

Fisher Paykel DD24DCTX6v2 Tall Double Dishwasher Drawer - Stainless Steel with Recessed Handle



Fisher Paykel DD24DCTX6v2 Tall Double Dishwasher Drawer - Stainless Steel with Recessed Handle
Great concept, poor execution
When this unit works, we love it! However, even though our unit is less than 1 year old, we are waiting for our 3rd repair to take place tomorrow. This is the 2nd time for the seal to give way allowing water to cascade across our floor. It was fortunate that we were home both times, otherwise we may of had structural damage. If you have wood or carpeted floors, I would not consider this unit. For the money, I would expect much more from Fisher & Paykel.

Update: Bought this unit in July 2011. In less that 2 years we are waiting for our 5th repair! That is more times than all our other appliances combined over the past 20 years. I would love to trade it for a conventional dishwasher, but can't afford to take the $1200 hit.

Amazing Machine
I have been putting this dishwasher through heavy use sense Thanksgiving. I have to say that this is hands down the best dishwasher I have ever owned. The cleaning capability of this machine (baked on macaroni and cheese - NOT rinsed) has far exceeded my expectations. I do not hand wash my pots and pans and my largest, multi-quart capacity pot fits in both drawers just fine. I have to use the top drawer for my longer cooking utensils, but even at that, I have laid them down on the side shelves and they get clean all the same. And speaking of the side shelves, I was worried that since the glasses just sit freely on the shelves that they would fall off. Not so. And my glasses come out sparkling and spot/debris free. In fact, my dishes have never been cleaner. The machine is easy to use, versatile and I love the ability to run the drawers separately and at different cycle settings. So I can run a really dirty load on the bottom and a light clean load up top.

I have...

Big Repair Bills
This dishwasher was in the new home that I purchased. Immediately it stopped working. The repairman told me that, even once, if someone puts something in that is just a little tiny bit too tall for the bottom drawer, then the seal between the two drawers is not perfect and the water from the top drawer leaks down and goes into the electronic part of the dishwasher burning out the electronic part. Even though the dishwasher was almost brand new, I tossed it out and put in a more normal type of dishwasher because I knew that I or my guest helping me in the kitchen would most certainly do just that, causing the dishwasher to fail again. And causing me another very large repair bill. A very poor design.

Fisher Paykel DishDrawer Series: DD24DCTX6V2 Semi-Integrated Double Drawer Dishwasher with 9 Wash Programs, Intelligent Load Sensing, Adjustable Racks, Folding Tines, Tall Tub and ADA Compliant: Stainless Steel with Recessed Handle



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment