Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whirlpool WDT710PAYM Gold 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star

Whirlpool WDT710PAYM Gold 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star



Whirlpool WDT710PAYM Gold 24
So Far So Good!
After attempting to research dishwashers to replace our broken one - I was more confused than ever, if that is even possible! Each web site contradicted the previous one. I realized that most happy people do not bother to write reviews, so thought I would write to share our happy review of this one.

I would describe our decision process as a crap shoot. We did not want to spend $900 on a dishwasher, but did not want a piece of junk either. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have one of those elegant designer dishwashers, but not at the cost of my first born. (maybe I should reconsider that - ha ha). Anyway, based on a Consumer Reports rating, we were looking at a few dishwashers, Whirlpool Gold being one of them. This is not the exact model they were rating (not avail at our location), but close enough for us. Over all, we felt this was a safe bet because our last dishwasher was a Whirlpool and it lasted 17 years before it finally bit it and went to dishwasher...

Rusted Stainless Steel, A Whirlpool GOLD Standard
I bought this dishwasher after an extensive internet search and then looked it over at a local retail showroom. It was priced right and came with all the features I wanted. My search on the internet indicated that this model had few negative comments and mostly positive remarks. It was fairly easy to install and it did a good job cleaning my dishes with almost no noise. I was very pleased with this dishwasher for almost four months. However, one day I dropped a fork and bent down to pick it up when I noticed what appeared to be very small specks all over the front. After a closer look, I realized it was very small rust pits and it covered any area that was made of stainless steel. Whirlpool's response was unapologetic and very clear when informing me that rust on stainless steel is a 'cosmetic' issue for which Whirlpool does not cover under their limited warranty. In other words, my problem, not theirs. I then went back to the internet and specifically searched on 'Whirlpool...

I'm Pleased
I purchased this dishwasher from the local home improvement store, and I couldn't be happier with it so far. I was initially looking at the Whirlpool WDT910SAYM, but the only meaningful difference I could see was that model had a stainless steal interior for an extra $200. Maybe it's worth it, but I don't know. Clean dishes are clean dishes, in my mind.

Installation of this dishwasher is also pretty easy. You have to buy the inflow hoses and connectors, but the home improvement store knows this and they have a kit already prepared with every connector you'd ever need. The Whirlpool dishwashers require a larger brass connector than other brands, but it's in the kit and very easy to hook up. Also, there are several good videos on youtube showing how to install this very model. It took me a couple of hours to take out the old unit and install this one, but I was washing dishes much more quickly...

Whirlpool Gold ® Series Dishwasher with Sensor Cycle

From baked-on casserole dishes to drinking glasses, the Sensor cycle has you covered. Not only does it automatically select the right wash and dry settings for your load, it'll even clean tough soils 35% better while using just the right amount of time, energy and water, helping you have more time to do what you love. And thanks to specialized options, breakfast bowls and coffee cups don't need to sit in the sink until after lunch or dinner. The Top Rack Wash option saves you time and energy by washing dishes in the top rack, so you don't have to wait for a full load to wash a few items.

Model Number Variations

This model is similar to these older Whirlpool brand models:

GU2275XTVY



  • Sensor Cycle
  • AnyWare Plus Silverware Basket
  • Adjustable Upper Rack
  • Resource - Efficient Wash System
  • No One Has Fewer Repairs 16 Years In A Row



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment