Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer

Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer



Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer
The good, the bad, and the ugly...
First off, let me admit to the fact that I've never owned any kind of juicer before, this one is the first.

We were given the Jack LaLanne Stainless Juicer as a gift from someone who already had one and loved it. I had modestly high hopes for it, not being a big powered-kitchen-gadget fan; but we also have been trying to improve our diets due and lose some weight, so the gift was rather timely to meet that end. I honestly knew nothing about this product until I pulled it out of the box at home. We'd gone to the local big-box store and bought a bunch of stuff to put in the machine and try it out: Kiwis, mangoes, carrots, tomatoes, apples, oranges, pears, ginger root, celery and pineapple.

The Good:

Out of the box I got the impression that this was a sturdy product. All of the parts are fairly simple, that means less stuff to break or clean to me. It assembled in a snap, I didn't even look at the directions (typical guy...I know). Upon firing up...

A Healthy Lifestyle Change
Is it hard to eat your vegetables and have enough fruit servings in a day? It was for me; so I decided to buy another juicer. My last juicer had a very small spout and you had to cut up everything before you put it into the juicer; and it was extremely noisy. I got rid of it because it did not measure up.

I purchased the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer and have been very pleased with it. I read the other reviews and I will try to respond to them as well based upon my own experiences. First, for me the juicer is excellent. I juice fruits and most vegetables. You have to insert soft vegetables followed by hard vegetables for it to work optimally. I have had no problems following the directions which indicate that this works best.

I have made some wonderful drinks with the Power Juicer. Here is one called the Energy Boost Drink which I love:

1 Carrot
1 Celery Stalk
1 Beet Root
Parsley
Lettuce
Watercress
Spinach
3...

Don't buy this--very bad machine
When I heard that Jack's machine would take whole apples, I seemed to have lost all sense and ordered his juicer, which I believed would be an upgrade from my Mr. Juiceman. It's time consuming to cut products to fit the juicer. What Jack fails to mention in his ads--his chute does take apples, but only small ones, the ones you usually don't buy. Thus, I'm still cutting products, same as usual.

I juice all kinds of fruits and veggies and have over many years. If you are new to the experience of juicing, you will quickly learn that better made, more professional models are $400-500. Thus, you must choose these lower cost models, that despite their glitz are largely made of plastic. The only thing going for this Jack LaLanne model is that they used good sense in making the plastic black. Despite every good cleaning, white plastic models take on fruit/veggie stains that over time are very difficult to remove.

This machine constantly chokes, too-often fails to...

The Power Juicer Deluxe has all the best selling qualities of our classic juicer. Its new stainless finish and updated features add elegance to any kitchen. The high performance induction motor and surgical stainless blades deliver fresh, nutrient rich juice to help boost your energy for today's hectic lifestyle.Lifetime motor warranty offers peace of mind, even with daily juicing.

  • Stainless-steel electric juicer produces fresh juice quickly and easily
  • Extra-large round chute and food pusher; stainless-steel blade
  • Whisper-quiet 3,600 RPM induction motor; patented extraction technology
  • Large-capacity pulp collector; non-drip spout; dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup
  • Measures 16 by 12 by 15-1/2 inches; limited lifetime motor warranty



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment